What Is Chin Augmentation
Chin surgery, or mentoplasty, is a surgical procedure to reshape the chin by enhancing an implant or reducing the bone.
Plastic surgery, and other minor office procedures, can often be delivered on the lower jawline and chin area to improve the proportions of the face and help with one's confidence and self-esteem. Board-certified plastic surgeons frequently suggest these invasions to enhance the symmetry of facial features and improve the chin/jaw/cheek/forehead balance.
Chin augmentation with silicone implants produces pleasing appreciative results by committing to facial balance and harmony while not appearing 'surgical' or artificial. It can be performed individually or with complementary procedures, intensifying the outcome of these procedures subtly.
Who is the right candidate for chin surgery?
The best chin augmentation candidates are bodily healthy and have pragmatic expectations for the surgery. Other pointers of good candidates cover one or more of the following characteristics:
- Congenital chin deformity
- Receding chin
- Congenital disability
- Misaligned jaw
- Elongated chin
- Sagging skin on the neck
What should a patient do before chin augmentation surgery?
The plastic surgeon will give their patient pre-surgery guidance, including drinking, feeding, ingestion, and avoiding specific vitamins and medications. Patients should prevent the use of tobacco for 4 to 6 weeks before the surgery. Patients should also avoid taking aspirin for 14 days, both before and after the procedure. You will not be allowed to guide yourself home, so you should have a companion bring you to and from the surgical center.
The incision and the entire process
This process takes 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the surgeon's and patient's inclinations. The incision is located inside of the mouth, making scars look hidden. At Derma Arts, we use implants for chin augmentation.
Implants vs. Fillers
There is a concern associated with introducing foreign materials in your body, like silicone implants. Implants are verified elements; the patient should only consider them after medical permission. They are genuine and completely safe.
There are two fundamental kinds of implants; anatomical implants and U-shaped implants:
- The anatomical implant is large and has a bow shape. It provides a much wider chin and fits the jawline perfectly.
- On the other hand, a U-shaped implant is conical and gives you a more explicit and more pointed chin.
The implants are customized and curated for one, perfectly ensuring they enhance natural beauty.
If the surgeon prefers hyaluronic acid fillers for your jawline, these fillers are applied through injections into specific locations to achieve the desired results.
The principal distinction between implants and fillers is that implants have a permanent and lasting result. In contrast, fillers are brief and have effects that last only a few months to a year.
Recovery procedures after chin augmentation
Derma Arts stand with patients, even after surgery, for post-treatment care. We strongly recommend the following processes after chin augmentation:
- In case of bruising or swelling, do not scratch the chin. You need not panic; it's normal.
- There is no side effect of a chin implant; these are safe.
- In case of infections, doctors will recommend antibiotics.
- There will be mild numbness over the lip and chin area, so there is no need to fear.
- Avoid feeding frozen food and rigorous chewing after augmentation treatment.
- Consume any solid edibles only after three days of surgery.
- Keep your track on consuming liquid and semi-solids.
- Do not smoke and give rest to your chin.
Result of chin augmentation surgery:
The implantation is generally permanent, but aging may affect your facial look in other ways, but the new enhanced look will be all the time for you.